You are here
To provide valid estimates of the burden of non-fatal injury using empirical data
- Evaluate the influence of existing and alternative classifications of injuries on disability burden estimates;
- Identify functional outcome and recovery patterns of multiple injuries and the impact on disability outcomes;
- Evaluate methods for integrating the functional outcome associated with multiple injuries into burden of injury measurements;
- Establish the duration of disability, and the percentage with persisting disability, for injury groupings based on empirical data;
- Establish the comparability of the burden of non-fatal injury (Years Lived with Disability) estimates based on different methodologies;
- Develop alternative metrics for the measurement of population injury burden.